Saturday, April 10, 2010

Duck. Duck. GOOSE!

Monday evening I went to a campground with my cousins that were in from Michigan and my sister, bro-law and oldest nephew. It had been years since I'd been to this campground...but, it was the one that we always camped at when I was growing up. It hadn't changed much except there were a lot more RVs than I remember. RV camping isn't real camping. Just saying.
Anywho...we found my cousins after a trek across the campground. My oldest cousin, Penni, wanted to watch the sunset so we told her about the beach on the other side and she got all sorts of excited. So we went over there. Off to the side of the beach there was a rock barrier...I don't know how to describe it. Just a lot of big rocks piled up. I guess it was serving as a type of dam. I don't know. Anyways, I walked over there. At the end of the path of rocks, I saw a canadian goose. I decided I wanted to walk out on the rocks and sit there to watch the sunset. This was a bit tricky, as the rocks randomly shifted when you stepped on them. I felt like I was on a moving balance beam. I held my tongue just right though, so I didn't fall to my death or anything. Obviously.
So, I walked out about halfway. I didn't want to walk over to the goose because it looked like it was sitting on a nest. Didn't want to bother it. Then I sat down. And it was actually pretty comfortable. Yay for big rocks that have flat services.
I watched the sunset. And every once in a while I'd look over at the goose, and it would be looking at me. But it never flew away. It sat on it's nest. I think it decided I wasn't a threat. It was just really neat.
It was so...somber. A dragonfly flew by. There was a slight breeze. I could hear the kids behind me laughing and having a good time. Birds were singing. And the view was amazing.
Here's a picture that my sister took while she was sitting on the beach. :]. That lil person to the right is me. And the person behind me is one of my cousins. She came out there for a bit, but didn't stay long.


Hope this finds you well.
Hugs and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment