Monday, February 7, 2011

Weekend: Liberti Fairmount, Public Transportation, Center City and Rittenhouse Square

Alright, so it's been a few days since I've written a blog. I hope everyone had a lovely weekend! I sure did :)
So, Saturday I had the morning free to explore. However, I ran into two problems. One: it was real rainy and cold. Not good weather for walking around and exploring. Two: I didn't have exact change for bus fare...
Needless to say, I didn't go exploring on Saturday. I did, however, drive around Philly. Yeah, crazy. Justin came and he rode with me while I drove the prayer tour in his car. Driving around the City Hall on a Saturday is no fun. Other than that, it wasn't too bad. When we left the housing site I had predicted that I'd get honked at at least 3 times because I'm not much of a city driver. I only got honked at twice. Score! :)

When we got done I just chilled at home. I had a webcam date with one of my best friends and that was a grand time. Me and Mr. Sanchez enjoyed some nummy nummy tea.
And yeah, it was just an overall good evening.

Yesterday morning I went to church with Kelsey at Liberti. It was a solid contemporary worship and I really enjoyed the message! Mr. Sanchez didn't come along, but I did catch him taking a peek at the bulletin.



Got home from church, chilled a little bit, then I walked down to the corner store and bought a soda so that I would have exact change for the bus. Then Mr. Sanchez and I ventured in to Center City and I wandered down to the Barnes and Noble in Rittenhouse Square. Yesterday it was so beautiful outside. The sun was shining and just, aw! It was lovely. I got on the right bus, got off on the right stop. I am familiar enough with the streets that I didn't just completely wander around having no idea what I was doing. It was some solid exploring, even if I didn't stay very long [about an hour and a half]. I love how electrifying being in the city is. I love all the crazy little things you see that you generally wouldn't see in a small town...like, for example: I'm walking down Chestnut St. in Rittenhouse Square, on my way back towards the City Hall. I'm looking around, taking everything in...and I see this guy, walking down the sidewalk on the other side of the road, with a coffee table under his arm. Haha! He just looked so casual about it. It was great.

Here are some pictures that I took before I got the bus back home. [They are in no particular order whatsoever] Mr. Sanchez napped during most of it, but I woke him up for one picture.
"Way to disrupt a wonderful nap, Emily. But hey, City Hall is nice."



The bus ride home was good. There was this really cute little girl with her grandma a few rows up from me and she was just so adorable. "Grandma, how do you spell strawberry?" "Hey Grandma! I can spell too. C-A-T. Do you know what that spells? CAT!" "Grandma, this tooth is loose, but this one isn't." "Give me a word to spell." She was just so cute. I love kids. Love how filled with joy they are. Love the light they shine with those bright eyes and those huge grins.

More relaxing when I got home...wrote some letters, because snail mail is the bomb diggity.

Anyways, that was my weekend. I'm going to write a seperate entry about today. I'll probably write it sometime tomorrow, cause I'm tired!

Remember that you are loved <3

 Hugs and love,
Emily and Mr. Sanchez

No comments:

Post a Comment